Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Driving Awareness and Engagement for PBL Season 3

Craze for cricket take a whopping 90% share of voice and wallet, all other sports fight for the remaining 10%. The badminton league was facing low awareness despite it being in its 3rd season, to add to woes a cricket series was being played at the same time. Columbus India was approached to get Indian user to engage with PBL with limited budgets in hand. We used RISE framework to achieve the desired results.

Our client is one of the top badminton leagues in the world. Despite being it in its 3rd season our client was facing low awareness and footfall.

 

Challenges and Objectives:

 

  • Very low awareness about client in India
  • India – Sri Lanka – South Africa cricket tri-series at the same time – likely to take attention away
  • Increase the Facebook follower base multifold from existing 350K
  • Drive editorial coverage across various sports publications

 

State the overall strategy of the campaign

To get Indian users to engage with client and create impact, we deployed RISE framework.

  1. Relevant – To identify the target audience and make the media plan that addresses the TG with maximum precision
  2. Innovative – Identifying innovative solutions to target right set of people and drive engagement for the league
  3. Sharp – To address out TG at the right time, right place with the right message
  4. Engaging – To plan the communication in a manner that would best engage the audience with the league

Campaign Execution

  • Dovetailed media strategy in line with a survey that identified our TG as: 20-45 years old, 60% males and predominantly on mobile
  • Various news publications and sports journals like TOI, Sportskeeda, Cricbuzz etc., helped cover the league and reach the identified TG
  • Google search campaign used to reach sports enthusiasts through interest and affinity based targeting
  • Ran Audience & data targeted campaigns before match days on social media platforms to increase ticket sales
  • Daily Contests & polls on Facebook & Twitter for entire 3 weeks of the league

 

Campaign Creativity & Innovation

  • Influencer marketing used to create buzz on social media. This helped increase Facebook followers very significantly
  • Geo-targeted SMS campaign (with online ticket sales link) executed during match days. Achieved 53% more footfalls over last year
  • Matches between Sindhu, Saina & Marin were shown as Clash of Titans and were promoted aggressively. These had the best CTRs and engagement
  • Used youth centric platforms like Snapchat & Truly Madly to engage with the younger audience
  • Player driven content used to drive conversations
  • Best play of the day and Results were promoted on search, social and native platforms – These saw very good engagement rates

 

State the results of the campaign

  • 197 MN eyeballs reached across platforms
  • 81 MN unique users reached
  • 3 MN video views generated for the sport within 4 weeks
  • 671+K additional social media followers generated within 4 weeks, more than 3 fold increase over current levels
  • 53% increase in footfalls and 20% increase in TV viewership
  • 4K articles released by various publications. An estimated 100Mn people were reached through editorials with coverage of close to 1MN column centimetres
Share this Post!

About the Author :


Copyright 2018 - Columbus Agency - All Rights Reserved.